“I will compete hard with my idol Seung-hwan Oh... I want to take charge of the finish.”

 Right-handed reliever Kim Jae-yoon (34), who left KT Wiz, where he played for 9 seasons, is heading to his first spring camp in a Samsung Lions uniform. He is in a situation where he feels once again that he has transferred.


KT mainly spent time training for the new season in Arizona, USA, but its new team, Samsung, is holding spring camp training in neighboring Okinawa, Japan.

Kim Jae-yoon, who met with reporters ahead of his departure at Incheon International Airport on the 30th, said, "I have a lot of expectations (going to the first spring camp with the new team), but I also have concerns. I think I'm leaving with a lot of complex emotions."

He said, "Among the Samsung players, I think I'm only close to (Jang) Pil-jun and (Kim) Dong-yeop. I'm worried because I'm a bit shy. So my first goal for this camp is to quickly adapt to the team and become friendly with the players. “He emphasized.

One of the players Jae-yoon Kim would like to become closest to on the Samsung team is Seung-hwan Oh, the 'finishing pitcher' who played the same position as the closing pitcher. Just the thought of training on the same team as Oh Seung-hwan, whom I consider my idol, makes my heart tremble.

Seung-Hwan Oh will begin training at the 2nd team camp, but after improving his condition, he plans to join the 1st team camp where Kim Jae-yoon is. For Kim Jae-yoon, whose dream is to play for a long time, Oh Seung-hwan, who is showing outstanding skills even in his 40s, can be a good example.

Kim Jae-yoon said, "Oh Seung-hwan is my idol. Even now, it doesn't feel real that we are together. He takes good care of his body and has a lot of experience. While eating and training together, I ask him many things and try to learn from him."

Kim Jae-yoon is a closing pitcher representing the KBO League, and has recorded 169 career saves, the third most in his career, following Oh Seung-hwan (400 saves) and Jung Woo-ram (197 saves). His consistent performance is also a strength, as he achieved 30 saves for three consecutive years from 2021 to 2023.

Last year, Samsung, which had the lowest bullpen ERA (5.16) and the most 38 come-from-behind losses, contacted Kim Jae-yoon, who was on the free agent market. And they succeeded in recruiting Kim Jae-yoon with a contract period of 4 years and a total of 5.8 billion won (down payment of 2 billion won, total annual salary of 2.8 billion won, and incentive of 1 billion won).

Kim Jae-yoon said about his free agent contract, "(Lee Jong-yeol) approached me proactively and treated me really well. I feel very grateful, but I am determined to do better," and "I am disappointed with the team and Samsung fans." “I worked harder (during the off-season) to keep my body in shape so as not to show it,” he said.

Samsung retained Oh Seung-hwan in this free agent market and brought in Kim Jae-yoon and Lim Chang-min, who played as a closing pitcher for Kiwoom Heroes. Although the team's backfield has become stronger, the three pitchers must compete fiercely for the position of closing pitcher.

Kim Jae-yoon said, "Every bullpen pitcher's dream is to be a closer. I will do my best in the position given to me for the team, but I honestly have a desire to be a closer. The manager said he would decide on the closer during spring training, so I will compete hard. “I will do it,” he said with determination.


for more info check this :  먹튀검증

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tottenham's Son Heung-min explodes with his 9th goal of the season against Manchester City

‘Kim Eun-joong’s system’ Suwon FC has ‘young technician’ Lee Jun-seok!

Even the Chinese reporters fell in love and the continent is now 'suffering from Wang Shun'