Kim Ki-joong "No matter when it happens, I'll definitely try it together once."

 Hanwha Eagles left-handed pitcher Kim Ki-joong (22) recently went to Okinawa, Japan for personal training with his seniors. This is thanks to Ryu Hyun-jin (37), a senior at Hanwha and currently awaiting a contract as a free agent (FA). Ryu Hyun-jin established himself in Okinawa with his juniors Jang Min-jae and Lee Tae-yang during his time at Hanwha, and Kim Ki-joong, who they recommended. All costs were supported by Ryu Hyun-jin.


Moreover, accompanying Ryu Hyun-jin was an opportunity that money could not buy. He was a player who motivated juniors just by his presence. Kim Ki-joong, who met with this newspaper, said, "I had a really good opportunity because senior Min-jae Jang recommended it to me. Last season, I had trouble using a change-up. When it comes to change-ups, I think it's senior Ryu Hyun-jin. My senior kept watching me while I was in Okinawa. Thanks to that, my pitch is getting better little by little." I looked back and said, “I felt it.”

Kim Ki-joong said, "I also did weight training with my senior. I thought I had built my body in my own way, but when I compared it with my senior, I felt that I was really lacking. Still, my senior and the trainer helped me a lot over the past two weeks, so I could feel a difference."

Kim Ki-joong said that Ryu Hyun-jin's presence alone motivates him. He said, "It was always my dream to become a pitcher like my senior. He was such a star, and I developed my dream while looking at my senior." He said, “But it was amazing and really nice to have the opportunity to exercise together.” He added, “He has a very serious attitude when working out. I respect that attitude and it motivated me. I felt strongly that I should imitate him.” .

As of the 28th, Ryu Hyun-jin's destination this year is still undecided. The possibility of going to his former team, Hanwha, is also mentioned, but it is not certain. In the end, it depends on the trends of the Major League Baseball (MLB) free agent market and Ryu Hyun-jin's decision. However, he has repeatedly stated his intention to retire at Hanwha at any time.

It may not be this year, but Hanwha, which is developing a large number of young pitchers, can expect the 'Ryu Hyun-jin effect'. Already accompanying the team during the 2022 Geoje Spring Camp has raised expectations among prospects. Jang Min-jae encouraged, "Hyunjin is an older brother who is always open whenever you approach him. I hope his juniors don't think too hard about it either."

Kim Ki-joong smiled and said, “I’m not in a position to say that it would be good if you came to Hanwha,” but he also expected, “But I definitely want to run together sometime. No matter when you come, it will definitely be helpful to learn more while working out with you.”

2024 is also an important year for Kim Ki-joong personally. Kim Ki-joong pledged, "I don't have a place for myself yet, so I have to work harder. Good new left-handed pitchers have also joined the team. I have to compete and find my place."

At the time of the interview, Kim Ki-joong said, "The coach has not talked about the position yet," but added, "He wants to become a player who can seize the opportunity this year and earn a starting spot." And Hanwha coach Choi Won-ho decided to give Kim Ki-joong that opportunity. Coach Choi announced in an interview before leaving for spring camp on the 30th, "I have selected experienced players and left-handed young guns as the 4th and 5th starters." The left-handed candidates Young-gun are newcomers Hwang Jun-seo and Kim Ki-joong. The possibility of becoming a ‘starter’ Kim Ki-joong has increased.



for more info check this :   벳사랑




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tottenham's Son Heung-min explodes with his 9th goal of the season against Manchester City

‘Kim Eun-joong’s system’ Suwon FC has ‘young technician’ Lee Jun-seok!

Even the Chinese reporters fell in love and the continent is now 'suffering from Wang Shun'