“This is another year? I don’t want to look back”

 I don’t want to look back on this year. I will end the bad things this year and only think about things that will get better next year.”

Lotte Giants finishing camp underway in Sangdong, Gimhae. There is a man who receives a lot of love and attention from Lotte coaches, including coach Kim Tae-hyung. This is the late Seung-min, who will be celebrating 6 years since his debut next year.

He is the player who most often receives Coach Kim's 'one point lesson' in this camp. Meanwhile, he is also receiving second base training again starting this year. Ko Seung-min is often seen jumping here and there as he receives coach Kim Min-ho's pungo.

At the time of his debut, he was a large infielder with a 1m89 physique. He moved to the outfield to utilize his batting skills commensurate with his physique. He also had a strong arm and mainly played right field.

Last year, he focused more on first base than right field. While young hitters such as Kim Min-seok and Yoon Dong-hee developed, Lotte, which did not have a suitable first baseman other than Jeong-hoon, took a desperate measure and had first basemen practice.

As a player with good physique and flexibility, he did it without difficulty, but the burden of his defense led to a poor attack. Ko Seung-min, who had a batting average of .400 in the second half of last year, faced a slump this year with a batting average of .204. The sharp hitting balls that were competing for first and second place in speed were hardly noticeable.

With the appointment of new manager Kim Tae-hyung, he is receiving training as a second baseman again. To defensive coach Kim Min-ho, he is the player who needs the most help.

This does not mean that the position next year will be second base. He is currently being trained at second base for more versatility, but depending on his performance in spring camp, he may play in right field or first base.

Ko Seung-min, who met at the Lotte 2nd team practice center in Sangdong, Gimhae on the 16th, responded to Coach Kim's advice, saying, "I tried to get rid of bad habits when hitting. There were many cases where my legs, which were the axis, collapsed during the hitting process. When I see the ball, I hit it right away. “He told me a lot to do it.”

He said, "My habits were becoming more and more bad. I think that's why my grades weren't good this year."

He played as a second baseman in the Blue and White match the previous day, but his performance was not smooth, as he made one error. Is this an effect of repeated position changes?

Go Seung-min said, "I'm not good at it, so I go back and forth. I want to quickly find my place somewhere." In response to Coach Kim's words, "Please grow into a hitter who can hit cleanup rather than a hitter," he said, "I want to become a good player right now, not a few years from now. I want to be as good as the team expects next year." He emphasized, "One year without injury." His goal for the new season is “every time.”

He said he didn’t watch LG’s Korean series, which was the biggest issue recently. He said, “Even if I’m not around, I’ll watch Lotte when they play fall baseball.” “But I don’t want to see fall baseball without Lotte,” he declared.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tottenham's Son Heung-min explodes with his 9th goal of the season against Manchester City

‘Kim Eun-joong’s system’ Suwon FC has ‘young technician’ Lee Jun-seok!

Even the Chinese reporters fell in love and the continent is now 'suffering from Wang Shun'