The national team duo returned with the AG gold medal and lead the future of Samsung

 Kim Ji-chan and Kim Seong-yoon won gold medals as members of the national baseball team at the 2022 Hangzhou Asian Games. The two players, who returned to Korea via Incheon International Airport on the 8th, were registered with the first team and played as table setters in the '2023 Shinhan Bank SOL KBO League' match against Kiwoom Heroes held at Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul on the 10th. Kim Ji-chan had multiple hits and Kim Seong-yoon also had a hit, showing good batting skills.


Samsung coach Park Jin-man said, “Since we were in Gwangju, I thought it would be tiring to go back and forth. So, I returned home, took a day off in Seoul, and joined the team today. Both players must have been in high spirits. “I hope the good energy will be of help to the team,” he said, looking forward to the performance of Kim Ji-chan and Kim Seong-yoon. 


Ji-chan Kim said in an interview before the match that day, “There was a lot of talk about our strength being weak even before the start of the match. “I aimed to overturn that evaluation and win a gold medal, and thanks to everyone’s good work, I think I achieved my goal,” he said, expressing his thoughts after finishing the competition. He continued, “I have had experiences in my life that I couldn’t even pay for. “I don’t think I will ever forget him,” he added.


Seongyoon Kim said, “It was an honor to be able to play baseball with my seniors and juniors who are the best at baseball among players in our age group. I'm really happy that I finished the competition with good results. I am so grateful to all the fans for their support. Since every game is important, I think just the experience of playing under tension helped me a lot. “Based on this experience, I will prepare for the future,” he said, thanking the fans. 


Although Korea won the championship, the process was not easy. They lost to Chinese Taipei in the group stage, which created a situation where their chances of advancing to the finals were determined. However, they won the championship dramatically by defeating China and Japan, advancing to the finals, and successfully avenging Taiwan. 


Kim Ji-chan said, “I don’t think I can express in words how I felt when I won. Since it was the last game, everyone worked really hard and was desperate. “When it ended with victory, it was so good that I couldn’t express it in words,” he said, looking back on the moment of victory.


Kim Seong-yoon also said, “That moment felt very slow to me, like slow motion. I don't think I'm usually a noisy person or the type of person who just screams, but looking back on that moment, seeing the other players being happy made me feel very happy and intoxicated with the atmosphere. “It was a beautiful moment,” he said with a smile.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tottenham's Son Heung-min explodes with his 9th goal of the season against Manchester City

‘Kim Eun-joong’s system’ Suwon FC has ‘young technician’ Lee Jun-seok!

Even the Chinese reporters fell in love and the continent is now 'suffering from Wang Shun'